Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tenacity

Tenaciously trying to hold tight to these memories of Kirby Rose.  She is so much fun and developing her own quirky personality.  She is quite the character.  Over the past week, she has gone from 4 teeth to 8 teeth.  The new 4 aren't all the way in yet, but they are all pushing through at the same time.  She is constantly gnawing on her hands.  The other day she gnawed so hard she hurt herself.  Didn't learn her lesson, though, because hands in mouth have been the story today. 
Since I have been quite the cowgirl lately, Kitty has been keeping Kirby while we are gone.  They have so much fun together.  Today when I went back up there they were doing the cutest thing in the kitchen.  Kirby would crawl towards Kitty and Kitty would walk over her (straddled of course).  Kirby would get to the other side and look up and giggle, then do it all over again.  Snapshot on both accounts.  Granny was having a ball and so was Kirby. 
She is trying to say more and more words.  She babbles all day long and sometimes I can make out what she says.  The other day I said, "fudruckers" when I stubbed my toe and I swear she said it back.  Just the sound I know, but it made me laugh instead of cry about my toe!  She is working hard on the "b" sound.  She says a form of "duck".  I knew that would come close to first because we have so many on our walls and we talk about them all the time, tell them goodnight, and sing to the one in the tub.  Tonight when I was rocking her she yawned big, said "mumma, mumma, mummma" and then put her head on my shoulder.  Snapshot.
She is still being good about sharing and giving.  She loves to play independently, but likes it even better if you play with her.  Sometimes she acts like she doesn't know what to do when someone sits there with her ... so excited and doesn't know where to start so she just hides her head in my lap.  Snapshot.
She loves her daddy and loves when he can be home.  Lately he has to work most of her wakeful hours, so mornings are all they get.  Saturday he got a little bit of rain so they shut down for the day.  You could tell that she had a little more chip in her chipper with daddy around.  She was excited and giddy.  She held him close when he picked her up and there were sweet moments throughout that entire day.  Snapshot.
The other day I came across some pictures that Kitty had taken throughout the time she kept Kirby during the day.  I chose some of her favorite things she did while there:

This was before I was actually back to school ... first time we left her to run errands though!
Sleeping in Granny's arms - this never happens anymore!  So glad we have this photo!

The animal/number spinner that she still plays with everytime we go up there!

She liked to get into the bottom book shelf, so Granny got smart with a baracade!

She wants to learn how to sew!


Probably her favorite thing to do ... ride in Daddy Ray's car.

And talk on his phone!

Happy girl in her high chair, probably throwing all the toys on the floor just like that ...

"My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

No comments:

Post a Comment