Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Moving (cows) Monday

Last Wednesday night CR said his dad was bummed out because his high school work hand was not going to be able to come Thursday to help him sort and load cows.  I asked if I would be able to do it, not knowing it was a week long project.  I say this just so you know I was in over my head when I volunteered, but I have enjoyed every moment of it.  Have you heard the song, "She Thinks We're Just Fishing"?  It's a country song ... can't remember the artist ... maybe Trace Adkins.  Anyhow, it talks about a daddy taking his little girl fishing and how he is building memories, but she thinks they are just fishing.  That song came to my heart this morning as we were driving over to the cattle lease and visiting.  I have had so much fun hanging out with Ray and (trying) to help.  For the most part we usually get done what we needed to get done.  It is extremely hot (the weathermen had fire on the forecast), though, and the pens at this place aren't designed too well.  I am certain an Aggie was not the engineer of them.  Nothing is square, so when you are trying to get them in the trailer it doesn't always go as planned.  So we go back another day and get what we missed and so on and so forth.  Good stuff.  Here is a picture of me today once we finally made it home ... safely and no heat strokes:

The iPhone didn't do it justice ... I was as red as a beet!  I also like working the cows with Ray because it reminds me of times I used to work them with my dad at his place in Bedias.  The first night after we worked the cows I told Ray, "You know, I could work cattle every day."  I guess he took it to heart ... and I am thankful because it has been fun!
Here is CR's latest daily agenda:
Strip the cotton!  Yes, I say he is stripping when people ask where he is.

 Dump the cotton from the stripper to the buggy.
 Buggy dumps on the module builder.
Modules lined up on along the rows to be picked up and taken to the cotton gin.
There you go, hit repeat about 50 times. 
"Lazy people want much but get little, but those who work hard will prosper and be satisfied."  Proverbs 13:4

No comments:

Post a Comment