Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Catching up post

Sorry for the hiatus.  We have been busy, busy, busy!  On the 18th we went up to Montgomery to visit my family and to celebrate Kirby's 1st birthday.  What?  Yes, she is 1!  It was a much needed and long awaited trip up North.  Kirby slept so much better this time!  Praise the Lord - He heard my plea!  Kirby enjoyed visiting with everyone.  I didn't get too many pictures, though.  My sister did, so you can check out her Facebook page for more, but here are some of my favorites from the week:




 This family is so, so special to me.  Oh gosh, here I go tearing up already.  The Liston family has a special place in my heart.  Madison (the beautiful girl between me and Kirby) has such a wonderful heart.  I babysat her when I was in high school.  I started babysitting Madison and her brother Makenzie when he was only 6 months old.  He is a freshman in high school now.  She has graduated and is a proud Fightin' Texas Aggie now, just like her parents.  I promise I had nothing to do with it.  I just honestly told her what I thought about going to another school first and that if in your heart you think you want to be an Aggie, you will end up going there in the long run.  Kim and Ron (their parents) are amazing people.  They were always the nicest people to work for and always took great care of me.  These people were my second family as I was going through all my awkwardness in high school and they encouraged me through college.  They even came to our wedding!  Another special person in this family is Ashley.  Ashley is their aunt, Ron's sister.  She was my student teacher when I was in 4th grade, she moved off to San Antonio with her husband for his dental school, and then when they moved back I got to babysit her Caleb and Laurel, too.  God knew I needed a family like this in my life, and I love how we have stayed connected over the years.  I can not wait to see Madison walk across the stage in Reed arena one day and to have Kirby at her wedding trying to catch her bouquet!
 On the morning of Kirby's actual birthday she did not want to wake up.  She was in there talking a little bit and we had to get going because she had her 12 month check up.  Usually when we walk in she is standing up saying, "Dadda, dadda, dadda!"  That morning when we walked in, she tried to bury herself into her bed. 
 And did not want to open her eyes.  I guess age is already getting to her and wearing her out!
 She is so smart ... she found a bottle in the cabinet and a sippy cup lid.  She knew where the lid went and was bound and determined to put it on ....
 and then she found a different sippy cup to try it on.
 We got Kirby a little tractor from John Deere (tomboy in the making, I know) that has farm animals that live inside the seat.  When you open the seat there is a barn.  She can walk behind it and push it, but she usually pushes it from the side.  She likes to think outside the box already!

 This Saturday we had a second birthday party at our house for the Patrick side of the family.  Eva and Rob got to come!!!  Kirby loved, loved, loved Eva.  And Eva loved, loved, loved Kirby Rose!


 This time around we gave her a spoon to try to eat the cake with ... she was a little more successful with it, but still didn't go crazy.  That's my girl ... knows moderation already!
 8-27-2011
 At her 12 month check up ...
She weighed 21.4 lbs
She was 29" long ... she grew an entire foot her first year of life!
They said she was in the 50th percentile, even though I really have never looked into that or given that much concern.
Has 4 teeth all the way through on top, 2 eye teeth trying to come in and 2 teeth on the bottom, with one other pushing through.
Says: Dadda, Momma, Duck, Moo, -oww (for cow), go, dat, eee
When we sing Head and shoulders, points to her head and somewhere between neck and shoulders and then jumps to her eyes, ears, and nose
Laughs all the time
Walks along the couch, chairs, tables, and anything else she can hold on to.
Bounces while she sits so much that she gets to one knee and almost all the way to standing up.  One day I think she is going to bounce all the way to her feet and not have a clue what to do!
Is loved so much by her God, Dad and Mom, Granny and Daddy Ray, Grammy and Paw-Paw and all of her other friends and family.  We could not be more blessed with such a wonderful, loving family and group of friends.  Thank you all for making her 1st year such a great one!


 8-20-2011
 Today we went to Granny and Dat's because they could not make the drive out to our house yesterday.  Instead of another cake, we just went with a cupcake.  I guess you could say by the 3rd party, she knew how to eat the goods ....

8-28-2011
Madison, we wish you all the best of luck as an Aggie.  You will have your highest highs and your lowest lows while in college, but always remember to call on Him.  Stick to your roots, but allow them to let you bloom into who He wants you to be.  Love you and we are so proud of you!!  Hold this promise close to your heart and you can not go wrong:
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment