Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Life IS life

I can't believe October is just about over, that my son is 9 months old, and that my daughter now likes to sit at the counter on a bar stool to chat with me.  This past month has been busy, crazy, not as planned and on my schedule like I like it.  And you know what, that IS LIFE.  I kept saying, "Why am I so far behind with editing this month?  Why are we running around crazy these last few weeks?  Oh, because life has happened and gotten in the way."  Wait, what?   "Gotten in the way"?  What does that mean.  Lauren, life is life.  "In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps." Proverbs 16:9

I am a planner in every sense of the word.  I have always liked to have things written out so that I can see them.  I am very visual (note - I am a photographer!).  I like to see, feel, touch, things.  I have also learned as I have grown up that you have to roll with it and that plans change.  I'm ok with that.  I've never not been able to function because of it.  In order to take control of my business this past year, I started shooting one week out of the month.  Then the weeks thereafter are for editing, order sessions, and delivery.  This has freed up more time for my family and LIFE.  But wait, LIFE is my family.  LIFE is the farm.  LIFE is my business.  LIFE is my church.  So my revelation for today is LIFE IS LIFE.  No more saying LIFE happened in my vernacular, because this is my life and this IS who I want to be.

Now onto what LIFE has been this past month:

The kids and I spent a week in Montgomery at my parent's house.  CR had signed up for a palpation and artificial insemination class in College Station, so we thought it would be a great time to ride along, have him drop us of for a week, and get to enjoy some family time.  

Kirby loves going to Grammy and Paw's because at least once she gets to go to the donut shop that is literally around the corner from their house.  I think she went 3 times that week.  We got to spend time with my grandma, too.  She still lives around the corner from them, so we made a daily walk to her house to visit and get crackers - Kirby's favorite part. 

On Thursday I had to meet up with a client of mine in Houston, so mom took the day off to ride along.  We loaded up the kiddos (I took my niece Brayleigh along) and off to Houston we went.  Met up with cousin Megan for lunch and then to the Children's Art Museum.  Wish we could have stayed longer, but they enjoyed the little time we were there.























On Saturday we (of course) rounded up some cattle that we had grazing at their ranch for the summer and brought them home.  When we got home that evening we realized a new calf had gotten left behind.  So what did we do, loaded up the next morning after Sunday school and went to rescue the calf.

When we got to the ranch, Kyleigh, mom and dad had them caught in a trap and so began the lurch of catching the calf, trying to get a bottle down his throat, and throwing him in a dog kennel in the back of the truck.





We were sad to leave but glad to be home to try to get back into our own routine.  Ha.  Kirby started running a fever early Tuesday morning.  It never broke so Tuesday afternoon we were in the drs office ---- UTI.  Fever off and on the next few days and finally stayed away Thursday afternoon.  Friday morning, she woke up with terrible cough and cold.  Then I got it.  Now Patton has it.  

In the meantime, somehow I squeezed in Patton's 9 month photo shoot.  It was a terrible time of day (this is why it is so bright) but I had to get some shots before sister got home from hauling cattle with daddy or he got time to go back down for a nap, so I weighed my options and went with too bright.  







At his 9 month check up he:
weighed 20.8 lbs and was 28" tall
He loves to:
  • play peek a boo with mommy when he is in his crib.  He sits up really tall and stretches his neck up, then buries his head in his sheet.  I say, "where's Patton?" and then he throws his head way up high again.
  • go from laying down on his tummy to sitting up
  • chase his sister around the house - this could entertain him all day
  • read books
  • turn his head sideways and look at you like, "who me?" 
He is able to:
  • sign more, eat
  • say momma, daddy, and attempts Kirby
  • give hugs
  • blow bubbles with his lips
  • eat like a horse, which he loves anything I give him
  • crawl and then stop and pull up (ohhhhh nooo)
  • read by site mouth, up, eyes (I am doing "Your Baby Can Read" with him ... interesting .... these are the words I notice him knowing)
Tomorrow I am going to (really I am) do a post just about Kirby.  ;)  Love yall and thanks for stopping by to catch up on our LIFE.  

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind" Luke 10:27


No comments:

Post a Comment